Using just one pot and (instant!) ramen noodles—just the noodles, toss that sodium-bomb flavor packet—makes this vegetarian coconut curry ramen a quick and easy dinner.
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
1 tbsp Red Curry Paste
1 tbsp Yellow Curry Powder
1 tbsp Sesame Oil
1 tbsp Garlic, minced
1 tbsp Fresh Ginger, minced
4 cups Stock (Vegetable or Chicken)
1 (14 oz) Can Full Fat Coconut Milk
1 bunch Green onions, white and green parts, thinly sliced, divided
2 (3oz) packages Dried Ramen Noodles (discard spice packet)
8oz Mushrooms (crimini or shiitake), sliced
1 whole Lime, juiced
2 whole Baby bok choy, chopped
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 cup Edamame, shelled
1 tsp Sesame seeds (optional)
2 6 minute eggs (optional)
Make the six minute eggs (if using), set aside.
- In a large pot over medium heat, whisk the red curry paste, yellow curry powder, sesame oil, garlic and ginger until fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Add the stock, coconut milk, white and light green parts of green onion (reserve the dark green parts for garnish), ramen noodles, mushrooms, lime juice, bok choy and salt. Bring to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes.
- Add the shelled edamame and boil for 2 minutes longer, until noodles are cooked.
- Divide the ramen into 2-4 bowls, garnish with remaining scallion tops, sesame seeds and halved, six-minute eggs (if using).
- Recipe originally posted at The Modern Proper.