You’re going to love the rich, classic flavors in this recipe for easy Rigatoni with Mushroom Sauce, perfect for any weeknight dinner.
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
1 lb Rigatoni pasta
4 tbsp Butter
2 tbsp Olive oil
1 lb Mushrroms (crimini, baby bella), 1/4-inch sliced
4 cloves Garlic, minced
1 cup Dry white wine (Sauvignon Blanc)
1 cup Stock (chicken, veggie, or beef)
1 cup Heavy cream
1/4 cup Chives, minced
2 tbsp Parsley, minced
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the rigatoni and cook according to package directions until al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan heat the butter and olive oil over medium high heat until they begin to simmer.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté until golden brown (about 5-7 minutes). Add the garlic and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add the wine to the pan with the mushrooms. Simmer until the wine has reduced slightly more than 1/2 its volume.
- Add the chicken stock and simmer until it has reduced to 1/2 its volume.
- Slowly add the cream and Parmesan cheese. Stir until combined. Simmer the sauce for 2-3 minutes until it comes together.
- Stir in the cooked and drained pasta, chives and parsley and season with salt and pepper, adjusting to your taste.
Recipe originally posted at The Modern Proper.